Brussels Sprouts and Kale Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 292
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 33g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 24g
Total Carbohydrates 11g
Dietary Fiber 5g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Black pepper
- 2 large bunches of kale – center stems removed and sliced
- 12 oz of Brussels sprouts, trimmed finely grated or shredded with a knife
- 1/3 cup almonds sliced and toasted
- • Combine lemon juice, Dijon mustard, shallot, garlic, 1/4-teaspoon salt, and a pinch of pepper in a small bowl. Stir to blend; set aside to let flavors meld.
- • Mix thinly sliced kale and shredded brussels sprouts in a large bowl.
- • Measure 1/2 cup oil into a cup. Spoon 1-tablespoon oil from cup into a small skillet; heat oil over medium-high heat. Add almonds to skillet and stir frequently until golden brown in spots, about 2 minutes. Transfer nuts to a paper towel–lined plate. Sprinkle almonds lightly with salt.
- • Slowly whisk remaining olive oil in cup into lemon-juice mixture. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- • DO AHEAD: Dressing, kale mixture, and toasted almonds can be prepared 8 hours ahead. Cover dressing and kale mixture separately and chill. Cover almonds and let stand at room temperature.
- • Add dressing and cheese to kale mixture; toss to coat. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Garnish with almonds.
Mary Opfer Nutrition https://maryopfernutrition.com/