For one reason or another we are always looking for healthier versions of some of our favorite desserts. I came across this recipe the other day for chickpea brownies that tasty very much like a fudge brownie. My kids loved them, although I did not openly tell them they were made we chickpeas until they admitted they liked them.
It is a great way to add fiber or eliminate gluten or both!
I cannot take credit for the recipe but there was no name on the recipe I found.
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ( 15oz ) can chickpeas(garbanzo beans) drained
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- confectionary sugar optional for sprinkling on top
- Melt chocolate in microwave
- Puree chickpeas in food processor
- Add melted chocolate and process until smooth
- Add remaining ingredietns and combine well
- Pour into a greaed 9" X 11" cake pan
- Bake 25 minutes at 325F
The original recipe called for ¾ cups of sugar and I made it with ½ cup. It was plenty sweet for me.