Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 3g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 15g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1½ cups of whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup unbleached white flour
- 1 tablespoon of agave ( or honey)
- 1 teaspoon of flax
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¾ of cup chopped apples
- 2 cups of buttermilk (non fat)
- ¼ non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Stir flours, flax, baking powder, baking soda in a medium bowl
- In another bowl whisk buttermilk, agave, yogurt, eggs and vegetable oil together.
- Make a well and place the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients gently stir until combined. (Batter will have some lumps and some flour may not be mixed in)
- Do not over mix – let stand while you prepare the apples.
- Peel apples and finely chop in to small pieces, toss with cinnamon.
- Heat non-stick pan and spray with oil.
- Using a measuring cup, pour about ¼ cup of batter into the pan for each pancake.
- After pouring the batter in the pan, sprinkle the apples/ cinnamon mixture on top of the pancakes.
- Using spatula flip pancake and continue to cook until golden brown!
- Serve hot
Mary Opfer Nutrition https://maryopfernutrition.com/